Looking for a High ROI? Try an Email Campaign.
In an era where consumers are bombarded with messages, an email campaign is still highly effective and provides a better ROI than several other marketing channels. And there are plenty of other email marketing advantages (see below).
“Email is a great way to reach out to any business, whether it’s desktop or mobile,” said Eva Hodgens, Vice President of Fulfillment at Take 5 Media Group.
Another email marketing advantage, she noted, is the testing you can do with email campaigns. “There are a lot of components to a good campaign. Test the creative, subject line, messaging, and make sure the messaging correlates to the landing page.”
As for that high ROI, marketing guru Neil Patel put together this graph that show’s email’s lead over other marketing channels:
Email Marketing Advantages
Email Versus Direct Mail and Social Media
Email also has a higher ROI than direct mail (124% vs. direct mail’s 29%) and social media (122% vs. social media’s 28%). For more on these topics see Email versus Direct Mail and Email versus Social Media.
The digital marketing experts at Convince&Convert point out these two interesting – and profitable – stats:
- People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than people that do not receive email offers.
- 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email.
Other great reasons to use email:
- Email is a fast, efficient, one-to-one method of reaching people. It’s also a direct line to someone’s inbox and in many cases the first way people find out about your business.
- People can act immediately after getting your email by clicking on the links in the message. And the more links you add (even if it’s the same one), the more clicks you’ll get.
- It’s real-time messaging based on whatever time you want the campaign to deploy. If you have an upcoming sale, time it right and send emails a week before, three days before and the day before the sale begins.
- Do you run a seasonal business or a lot of holiday promotions? Again, plan accordingly to send your emails out at the right time.
- By segmenting your list (dividing it into different, targeted parts) you can send customized, unique messages to each segment. (See more on this in How to Create an Email Marketing Strategy Plan).
- When people opt-in to receiving your emails they want to hear from you – so definitely take advantage of this!
- Email is great for nurturing customers. You can send new email list subscribers a coupon and loyal customers special offers or content.
- You can create multi-touch campaigns by using email with other marketing channels like display ad and social media retargeting and direct mail. See more on this in How a Retargeting Strategy Works with Email.
- You can optimize and improve email campaigns with A/B testing.
- Email campaigns are also measurable, providing reports with a wealth of data that includes total recipients, opens, link clicks, bounces, new subscribers and unsubscribes. In many cases this data is available within 48 – 72 hours from when the email was sent.
Here’s a sample report of a Take 5 Media Group email campaign, targeted to high-end cruise line vacationers with a household income of $125K+, that had six deployments of 500,000 sends each over three months for a total of 3,000,000 sends:
- Personalized emails get great responses, more on this below.
Get Better Email Open Rates and Clicks
Nobody likes to be treated in a cold, careless manner. “Hey, you better get new tires soon!” is pretty brutal when you could be using a more empathetic, and effective, email subject line like: “Paul, new tires are safer than old, bald tires.”
Personalizing emails is another email marketing advantage and it improves message tone, open rates and click-throughs. You can use personalization to remind customers about past purchases, their brand loyalty and how they’ve interacted with your business. It also shows you’re putting that extra effort in to connect better with your customers.
Analyzing over 7 billion emails sent in Q2 of 2017, Yes Lifecycle Marketing found that personalized subject lines (those that included a recipient’s name or browsed/purchased items) had 50% higher open rates, 58% higher click-to-open (CTO) rates and nearly 2.5 times the unique click rates of non-personalized subject lines.
Concert promoter The Bowery Presents emails customers information about bands similar to ones they’ve seen, and in their city, through their personalized messages:
For more good examples of personalized emails see HubSpot’s 13 Email Examples That Totally Nailed Personalization.
Quick Links – Here’s What We’re Covering:
TAKE 5 MEDIA GROUP – DIGITAL AND EMAIL MARKETING EXPERTS
Email marketing has been a cornerstone of Take 5 Media Group for more than 15 years. We’re also experts at building audiences based on lifestyle changes, intent to buy, demographics and more.
We then use our innovative marketing channels, that include email, social media and display ad retargeting, content and influencer marketing and geo-fencing to get your message to these highly-targeted audiences.
To find out more about us, call Take 5 Media Group, Boca Raton, Florida, 561-819-5555, in New York at 917-201-7451 or visit our website at Take5mg.com.