Digital Marketing Strategy
All successful digital marketing campaigns have three things in common: a smart strategy, a budget that is properly allocated and positive ROI on the spend.
Getting it right is not easy, especially in the digital world, where user tendencies and channel popularity change relatively quickly. Add to that the shifting sands in consumer spending and you often feel as though you are trying to hit a moving target.
For example, if you are a retailer planning your marketing strategy for this year’s holiday season, it can be tough to make sense of the perplexing trends in retail spending. While the past year has seen the demise of some major retailers, such as The Sports Authority, statistics show that 2016’s holiday season spending remained at an all-time high.
The game-changer was online shopping. Cyber Monday, the biggest online shopping day of the year, reported an all-time record of over $3.25 billion in sales, an increase of 12.1% over 2015 according to Forbes. Black Friday 2016 also exceeded $3 billion in online sales for the first time ever, with more than $1 billion coming from mobile sales.
Retailers must use what they now know about the shift in consumer purchasing habits to determine exactly how to re-allocate their marketing budgets with larger percentages of their integrated efforts to digital channels. The crucial question is how much that percentage should be and how they should spend it.
Take 5’s Approach to a Digital Marketing ROI
The answer to allocation must come from data, not personal assumptions. With Take 5 Media Group’s extensive data collection, you can formulate your strategy based on market information and identify the most effective, cross-channel delivery platforms for your business.
To illustrate how Take 5 works, we use as our example the Robinsons, a fictional personification of an enterprising American family. Mrs. Julia Robinson is self-employed and owns a gym. Her business has been steady over the past few years, but national chain gyms have recently expanded into her area and have cut into her customer base. She decides to invest in renovating her gym and add programs that appeal more to women, such as yoga and Pilates. Her gym’s rebrand needs exposure, so she hires Take 5 Media Group. Here’s how Take 5 helps her share her news and attract new members:
- Email & Retargeting: Take 5 owns one of the most dynamic proprietary email databases in the marketing industry, comprising more than 200 million double opt-in consumer email addresses. Julia purchases an email database of local adult women who are interested in fitness. She reaches out to them with an attractive electronic flier promoting her gym’s exciting rebrand, the schedule of new fitness classes and a promotional offer for new members. This email campaign introduces her gym to far more local fitness enthusiasts than she ever knew existed.
- Direct Mail: When it comes to receiving news about a local business, some people welcome emails and others prefer direct mail, especially when it comes with a special offer. They will walk into the establishment with the mailer in hand! Working with Take 5, Julia now has the option to complement her email campaign with direct mail. Take 5 manages one of the largest direct-mail databases in the country, comprising more than 260 million unique postal records with 175 million unique lifestyle and demographic overlays.
Whether or not direct mail is right for your business, these two principals always hold true: 1) one size does not fit all in marketing, and 2) repetition builds recognition.
- Ad Display: Take 5 encourages Julia to think and act strategically about message delivery and sequencing. We help her deliver a unified message to her audience and decide how frequently they see the ad for her newly revamped gym across multiple channels and devices, including mobile phones, PCs, laptops and tablets. Recognition will continue to grow, and if her concept lives up to its promises, so will her bottom line.
- Social Media: Julia’s gym already has a Facebook page and Twitter and Instagram accounts, but not many followers or engagement. Through retargeting and online consumer profiles, we use Social Marketing Intelligence to gather data on potential customers who fit Julia’s target demographics. We then serve those consumers a social media ad encouraging them to check out Julia’s gym. It’s then up to Julia to use the tools of social media to engage followers, build a social media community around her gym and refresh her ad campaign with new messages that hit her target and expand her reach.
- Content SEO & SEM: It’s been several years since the advertising industry first declared that “Content is King” and the proclamation still holds true today. Consumers expect to be engaged, not told, and that means involving them in a story that they find interesting or beneficial in some way. Take 5 Media Group helps Julia build her SEO/SEM strategy by creating fresh content that’s of interest to her audience. Take 5’s role is to help build a trusted connection between the gym and its customers through her website.
How do you boost the return on your digital marketing spend? First, work with a trusted company such as Take 5 Media Group and develop the best strategy for your business to engage customers across multiple channels with content that’s beneficial to them. Second, don’t “set it and forget it.” Analyze the data in your campaign results, redirect, repeat and keep the momentum going. Doing it right delivers the ROI you’re looking for.
For more information on Digital Marketing Campaigns contact a Take 5 expert at 561-819-5555.